- Always make eye contact. Know the other person’s eye color.
- Face the subject directly. Not at an angle, not side-by-side. Square your shoulders.
- Pay attention. Be present in the conversation. No cheating. Staring into space is not listening.
- Respond. Listening is not always silent. Repeat core thoughts, ask questions, laugh. It can save you from boredom.
- Lean forward. Into the conversation. But be careful not to invade personal space. Intimacy is key. Do not be afraid to connect.
Listen to someone well and they will be more inclined to listen to you.