31 posts, 7,104 words, 311 unique readers, 1,721 article views, 27 states and 11 countries later, I have completed my first objective: blog every day in the month of March. It has been an extremely fulfilling experience, to say the least. Blogging has helped me:
- Learn to overcome procrastination on a micro task level.
- Develop the essential skill of writing.
- Communicate concepts otherwise lost in my head.
- Increase social media exposure.
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Introduce me to professionals in my industry and others.
It is amazing how much blogging can help you connect. My network is far more dynamic and rich than it was a month ago (and I do not think that has to do with the weather). I cannot say this enough, but a stronger network correlates with your personal net worth. You are more valuable if more people know you well.
I cannot recommend blogging enough. I will write soon about blogging tactics that have helped me build a daily audience.
I am on a role, have formed the habit, and have no intention of slowing down. I commit to blogging every single day through the remainder of 2011.
For every day I fail to blog in 2011, I will donate to charity $1 per total unique reader visiting my site.
And for those fooled, I am NOT moving to Europe. America is ripe with opportunity and I have much left to do!