Most people do not eat breakfast in the morning, which is silly for three reasons:
- It’s important – we desperately need protein in the morning to kickstart our day.
- It’s inexpensive – a two egg and spinach salad meal could cost you as little as $0.32.
- It’s easy – limited gear, fast cooking times, light cleanup, no skills required.
Scrambled eggs are easiest of all. Whip eggs and other stuff together in a bowl, toss in a greased (with light butter or macadamia nut oil) skillet on medium-low temperature, cook until firm, and eat.
That said, scrambled eggs can get a little boring. I recommend a mix and match of any six of the following to mix it up to taste in the morning:
- Sliced lunch meat (my favorite is pastrami, but there’s other better ones for you)
- Chopped garlic (only a little)
- Tabasco Sauce
- Chili powder (if you want more of a kick)
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Splash of honey (if you want it to be a little sweeter)
- Splash of milk
For another approach to a quick healthy breakfast, check out Tim Ferriss’s 3-Minute “Slow-Carb” Breakfast.
What else do you put in your eggs in the morning?